Tax Rebates Information

Claim your Rebate Today

Anglo Pacific Tax Rebate Service

If you’re entitled to a tax refund on termination of employment in the UK, we offer a fast and efficient tax rebate service. We are bonded members of the Association of Tax Agents (ATA) for your total protection.

As a member of the Commonwealth holding a working visa, or an EU citizen, for tax purposes you are considered by the Inland Revenue as resident in the UK. At the end of employment you may be entitled to a refund if:

  • Your earnings during the year were less than the tax threshold
  • You leave employment before the end of the financial year
  • You have been taxed under a wrong tax code
  • You have been assessed for emergency tax
  • You have been assessed on a CIS 25 basic (construction workers).

woman on laptop

Anglo Pacific understand that you will already have a lot to organise, so let us take getting your tax refunds and correspondence with the Inland Revenue on board so you have more time to put elsewhere. We aim to simplify the process and pay your refund directly into your bank.

All you have to do is fill out our tax rebate form and our advisors will be in contact to explain further. Alternatively, please call 0207 759 5408 or email

Guide to submitting a tax rebate claim

Although our experts are on-hand to explain the whole process to you, please see below the steps required for a successful tax rebate claim:

Click here to complete the tax rebate form


  • Complete all sections of the Questionnaire in full
  • Ensure you complete your current home address in the UK and previous address in the UK (if applicable)
  • Ensure you complete your employment history, including current and ALL previous employments since residing in the UK
  • Please note any unemployment/travel breaks that exceeded 2 months and the reason

Once completed, this document is now ready to sign.

For a stress-free experience, please forward the following original documents so we are well-equipped to make a successful claim on your behalf:

Please provide original employment documents for each financial year you are making a claim:

  • P45 (leaving employment document)
  • P60 (end of year earnings certificate) or CIS Vouchers (applicable to Construction Industry workers)
    If you are missing any of these documents, you should contact your employer and request a Statement of Earnings for the missing period. These must be also be included.
  • If you have received any benefits in kind from any employer (for example private medical cover or car and fuel allowance), you will also need to provide a P11D Benefits form
  • Copies of any relevant HM Revenue & Customs correspondence

Please send your forms and accompanying employment documents to:
Anglo Pacific Tax Services
C/O Sable International
13th Floor,
One Croydon,
12-16 Addiscombe Road,

Remember: take a photocopy of all employment documents for your own records.

As soon as your Tax Claim has been assessed a member of our Tax team will be in contact with you.

As a special incentive to our shipping customers we’ll claim your tax rebate at a discounted rate of 10% of rebate awarded. This opportunity could result in paying for your entire shipping costs!

Shipping customers of Anglo Pacific who take advantage of our special reduced fee for tax refunds should note that we are unable to process your tax claim prior to payment of your shipping. Upon sending to us your completed tax rebate form and employment documents, please indicate your unique shipping reference.

A tax rebate is your entitlement to a refund of any overpaid tax during the financial year, as determined by HM Revenue & Customs.

  • If your earnings during the financial year were less than the tax threshold
  • If you leave employment before the end of the financial year
  • If you have been taxed at the wrong tax code or assessed for Emergency Tax
  • If you work in the Construction Industry and been assessed for taxation under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)

The financial year, otherwise known as the tax year, runs from 6th April to 5th April in the following year.

Either at the end of the financial year for the year just passed or when you leave the UK if you do not intend to return to employment before the end of the current tax year.

This will depend on your earnings and the amount of tax paid. If your earnings during the year were less than the tax threshold, you are entitled to a full refund of tax paid. If your earnings exceed the tax threshold you may still be entitled to a refund depending on the time in employment, your tax code and the amount of tax paid.

If you are leaving the UK you can claim a tax refund for the current tax year and up to 4 preceding years. If you are remaining in the UK you can claim a tax refund for the past tax year and up to 3 preceding years. As most people are not required to make statutory returns there are no late penalties.

We calculate your tax liability for the year based on the income you have earned and the tax rates and earnings limits set by the Inland Revenue. If the actual tax you have paid is greater than the amount we calculate you can reclaim the difference.

The standard tax code for the financial year 2017/18 (assuming you receive no employment benefits) is 1150L indicating that your personal allowance of £11,500 has been allocated to you.

When you start work your employer will tax you on an emergency code and it is often a lengthy process to rectify this. The default emergency tax code for 2018/19 is 1185L.

A National Insurance number is a reference number that HM Revenue & Customs issues to you to record where you have worked and your earnings. You are obligated by law to obtain a permanent NI Number at the commencement of employment. A permanent NI Number will ensure that your claim is dealt with efficiently. A refund can be processed using a temporary NI Number, although your claim may be subject to delays.

A P45 is a certificate of your income indicating how much you earned and how much tax you paid on those earnings. This is a form which your employer will issue to you at the end of each employment.
A P60 is a certificate of income issued by your employer to you at the end of the financial year indicating how much you have earned and how much tax you paid on those earnings.

A CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) Statement is a certificate of pay showing your income and tax paid on those earnings. Those working in the construction industry are issued with a CIS Statement at the end of each month and at the end of the contract.

A Self-Assessment requires you to declare your earnings and tax paid for a financial year on a SA100, which is issued by HM Revenue & Customs. You are required to make a self-assessment if you fall into one of the following categories:

  • You are the director of a limited company.
  • You are self-employed.
  • You are employed through the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
  • You have received income from overseas.
  • You are a High-Income Earner (over £100,000)

You will need a P45 for every employment held during the year.

If you have worked to the end of the financial year you will also need a P60, which is a statement of income and tax for the tax year and is issued by the employer before the 6th July in the next tax year.

If you have derived any Benefits in Kind from your employment (eg private medical cover or a company car) you will need a P11D, which is also issued by the employer before 6th July in the next tax year.

If you have derived any additional income such as bank or building society interest or dividends, you will need to provide full details.

If you work in the construction industry you will need a CIS statement from your employer.

If you fall into the self-assessment category you will need to provide a P45/P60 or CIS Statement if you work in the construction industry.

If you are missing a P45 or P60 you can request your employer to issue you with a Statement of Earnings for that financial year. This must be printed on original company letterhead. If you are unable to provide all documents within 45 days of lodging your claim we will endeavour to obtain the documents on your behalf from your employer; A fee of £20 will be deducted from your rebate for each document we collect on your behalf. If your employer demands a fee for providing any documents this will also be deducted from your rebate.

We aim to secure your rebate within 6 to 8 weeks of submission to HM Revenue & Customs. Your rebate can be transferred direct into the bank account you nominate on the tax rebate form. If you do not have a permanent National Insurance number or provide incorrect or insufficient information delays may be experienced.

Our charges are calculated at 15% of the rebate awarded (reduced to 10% for shipping clients) – minimum £50. The minimum charge for self-assessment and CIS claims is £80.

A £20 foreign transfer fee is payable for transfers to an overseas bank account.

Our charges are deducted from the refund awarded and the balance is transferred to your nominated bank account. If no rebate is awarded then no commission will be payable. VAT does not apply to our professional services where the recipient of a tax rebate is outside of the EU, otherwise VAT applies.

If you are entitled to a rebate we will advise you of your estimated entitlement and then process your claim. Following receipt your refund will be transferred into your nominated bank account.

Get a free online quote in a few easy steps

Video Survey

Call us to arrange your video survey.

A video survey allows us to virtually assess the volume of your move. Using your phone or laptop as the camera, you can guide us from room to room showing the objects you wish to move. It allows us to see anything fragile, so we can arrange appropriate packing for you, and check things like access to your property to avoid changes to your quotation at a later date.

Our Anglo Pacific app offers cyber security and is GDPR compliant. It’s really easy to set up, call us and we’ll agree a suitable appointment time for your online meeting. It’s as simple as that!

  • Book a remote video survey
  • Show us your items
  • Get your quote

Featured companies
and accreditation